2nd Shift Production Supervisor - Bilingual
1401 Greenleaf Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 US
The Metal Finishing Production Supervisor is responsible for maintaining production throughput in the department in accordance with customer requirements and internal procedures. This individual is accountable for training and communicating job responsibilities to departmental employees.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Assist department managers and leads in scheduling and maintaining production and process flow.
• Perform contract/flow down review against applicable customer, industry/prime and internal documentation.
• Develop processing techniques which meet all internal, customer and standard requirements and specifications.
• Assist in troubleshooting production issues and inquiries as they arise.
• Serve as a liaison between Metal Finishing, various departments and external stakeholders.
• Maintain interdepartmental communication between managers/leads and metal finishing personnel.
• Complete applicable data records including job log entry, job traveler, inspection reports, work instructions, test data, job techniques, customer specific requirements and other documents required to sustain traceability of work performed.
• Oversee general incoming inspections for overall condition of parts and ensure in-coming and out-going parts are packaged and wrapped properly in accordance with quality and customer requirements.
• Develop a thorough on-going understanding a custom software applications and assist with the on-going development and training on software applications within metal finishing.
• Participate in project coordination and R & D pertaining to existing process improvements and in expanding overall capabilities.
• Take part in periodic on-going training and various continuous process improvement programs. Participate in periodic testing and performance evaluations.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree or some coursework preferred.
• 2+ years previous supervision experience in a production environment, with hourly and temporary work forces required.
• 5+ years’ experience in metal finishing or processes.
• PC literate with at least a basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
• Advance arithmetic skills (i.e., add, subtract, multiply, divide).
• Bilingual in Spanish/English.
• Individual must be authorized to work in the U.S. under one of the following criteria: 1. A citizen of the United States, 2. A lawful permanent resident, 3. A non-citizen National of the United States.
Hours: Night Shift; 4 p.m. - 12:30 a.m., Monday through Friday; must be flexible to work overtime and additional hours as needed to support the department in times of increased demand.