3rd shift Production Supervisor
200 Industrial Dr Horicon, WI 53032 US
We are seeking a dedicated Production Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for supervising production personnel, ensuring high-quality products, and fostering an effective team. Join us in delivering excellence to our customers.
- Coordinate activities to meet production goals and maintain quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with other supervisors to ensure smooth operations and effective communication across departments.
- Develop production plans, assign tasks, monitor progress, and resolve issues.
- Analyze reports and schedules to evaluate production requirements and estimates.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and company policies.
- Monitor work, gauges, and indicators to ensure compliance with standards.
- Communicate expectations to staff, monitor performance, and provide coaching.
- Analyze data, investigate issues, and recommend solutions for personnel problems.
- Collaborate with management to address worker concerns and grievances.
- Maintain workflow, implement cost reductions, and encourage cooperation between departments.
- Inspect materials and equipment for defects or malfunctions.
- Identify team members' developmental needs and provide training.
- Promote safety awareness and enforce clean work environment.
- Compile and analyze production performance data to determine requirements and estimates.
- Utilize software programs for attendance, hours worked, and efficiencies.
- Requisition materials, supplies, and repair services.
- Uphold confidentiality and perform assigned duties.
- Strong leadership skills, including team building, conflict resolution, and motivation.
- Ability to assess team member performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Active listening to understand and address team members' perspectives.
- Effective decision-making considering costs, benefits, and appropriate courses of action.
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma problem-solving a plus.
- Strong safety practices and ability to promote safety awareness.
- Excellent communication, coaching, and business judgment.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret detailed information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and computer skills.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in a business or related field.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible manufacturing leadership experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.