3061 S Ridge Rd #101 Clintonville, WI 54929 US
Job Title: Automation / Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Clintonville, WI (with involvement in Green Bay and Medford locations)
Job Type: Full-Time
Overview: Our client, a leading manufacturing company with multiple locations, is seeking a skilled Automation / Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. As a key member of the company, you will play a crucial role in evaluating and optimizing robotic and automated plastics equipment across multiple manufacturing facilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for building, modifying, assembling, and transferring equipment - including End-of-Arm Tools (EOATs) for standard pick and place processes.
- Evaluate and observe manual processes to identify opportunities for automation.
- Design and build EOATs for standard pick and place processes, with a focus on part modifications and transferring to multiple locations.
- Maintain and update existing EOATs for optimal performance.
- Learn and master press robot programming using the proprietary language specific to Star Robots. Attend relevant classes and internal training sessions as needed.
- Acquire proficiency in Cobot robot programming and setup.
- Develop a deep understanding of the injection molding process to enhance efficiency and propose improvements.
- Collaborate with Maintenance, Toolroom, process techs, and machine operators to gather input for process enhancements.
- Devise solutions to improve safety, reduce labor, and simplify repetitive movements for employees.
- Minimize human interaction in processes wherever possible.
- Evaluate cost/benefit factors when developing automation solutions.
- Foster innovation in process development while maintaining a strong focus on safety and cost-effectiveness.
- Establish a system that combines troubleshooting skills with effective problem-solving.
- Ability to work across all three locations (GB, Clintonville, Medford) based out of Clintonville.
- Collaborate with sales to provide input on automation-related aspects during the quoting process for new projects.
- Demonstrate self-direction, resourcefulness, and the ability to work independently when necessary, while also knowing when to seek assistance.
- The majority of work time will involve building EOATs/fixtures for new and existing products and developing fully automated press cells.
- Take ownership of the EOAT building process, including researching and sourcing components as needed.
- Willingness to reach out to automation companies for expertise and support on projects.
- Stay updated on new developments in automation technology.
If you are a motivated and experienced Automation / Manufacturing Engineer with a passion for driving efficiency through automation, we encourage you to apply. Join our client's dynamic team and contribute to the advancement of cutting-edge automation solutions in the manufacturing industry.