1101 N Mill St Merrill, WI 54452 US
Job Posting: Designer
Are you a talented individual with a passion for precision engineering and innovative design? We are seeking an Engineering and Design Specialist to join our dynamic team and contribute to the creation of cutting-edge architectural products. As a key player in our engineering department, you will play a crucial role in developing submittal and production engineering packages, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and ensuring the highest standards of quality and functionality.
Position Summary: As a Design Specialist, you will be responsible for translating architectural and contract drawings into comprehensive submittal and production engineering packages. Your role encompasses product design, extrusion design, technical sales and estimating support, and production assistance. You will work closely with architects, project managers, and production teams to create seamless solutions that meet design specifications while optimizing ease of manufacturing and installation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed customer submission drawings, including floor plans, elevations, wall sections, and details, aligning with design expectations and project requirements.
- Generate clear and concise production engineering packages, including part and assembly drawings, material take-offs, and bill of materials.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including customers, architects, engineers, and consultants, to design products that meet performance criteria.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives in engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Uphold and promote our company values, quality control standards, and safety protocols.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in a design or engineering related field, such as Architectural Design and Technology or Mechanical Design.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architectural Studies, Construction, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required. Experience with Inventor, Revit, or similar software is a plus.
- Strong interpretative skills for architectural and structural drawings and specifications.
- Solid mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Knowledge of the window or curtain wall industry is desired.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Work is primarily conducted in an office setting, with occasional consultations on the shop floor.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Physical demands include extended periods of sitting, intermittent bending, reaching, standing, and walking.
- Use of hands for handling objects, tools, or controls, as well as computer usage.
- Ability to lift/move up to 25 pounds.
- Visual concentration and depth perception required for computer work.
- Equipment used includes a computer, copy machine, calculator, telephone, scanner, and plotter.
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for engineering and design, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join us in shaping the future of architectural innovation and contribute your expertise to our dynamic team. Apply now to embark on a rewarding career journey with us.