Distribution Inventory Control & Quality Assurance
55 Albrecht Dr Lake Bluff, IL 60044 US
The Leader of Distribution Inventory Control & Quality Assurance is responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy, ensuring compliance with customer requirements, and overseeing production-related activities, including new product launches and promotional events. Here's a breakdown of the responsibilities and qualifications for this role:
Team Leadership: Lead a team of 8-16 people, including 3-4 direct reports, to effectively manage inventory control and quality assurance operations.
- Ensure inventory accuracy at all locations.
- Develop and deploy inventory standards and training materials.
- Create and oversee inventory cycle count plans and lead physical inventory events.
- Identify and resolve inventory discrepancies, including root cause analysis and countermeasure development.
- Execute re-slotting plans to optimize inventory storage.
Quality - Customer Requirement Compliance:
- Standardize and maintain top customer requirements.
- Periodically review customer requirements and collaborate with Distribution and Sales teams to ensure compliance.
- Communicate requirements to execution teams and provide training materials.
- Partner with Distribution leaders to comply with requirements and conduct periodic audits.
- Oversee customer order audits and report findings, corrective actions, and preventive measures to prevent customer chargebacks.
Production - New Product / Promotional Launches / Running Changes:
- Represent Distribution as the lead on new product teams.
- Develop standards for introducing new SKUs, managing running changes, and executing promotional builds.
- Organize first article storage and item setup and maintenance.
- Coordinate with other Distribution leaders on labor planning, material management, and labeling to meet customer expectations.
Refurbishment and Re-boxing: Develop and implement strategies for refurbishing and re-boxing products, including carton management, labor planning, and inventory segregation.
Collaboration: Work closely with Distribution site leaders, Planning, Marketing, and Sales to deliver exceptional customer service and ensure high levels of safety and accuracy in daily operations.
Other Projects: Contribute to various Distribution projects as needed.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, or Logistics is preferred, or equivalent experience in these fields.
Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years of operations experience in a distribution center with progressive responsibilities is required. Primary experience in inventory control, quality assurance, and problem-solving/mitigation is necessary.
Leadership: The candidate should have at least three (3) years of leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others, enabling personnel development and ensuring reliable and accurate execution of operations.
Warehouse Equipment: Experience with warehouse equipment is a plus, indicating familiarity with tools and machinery used in distribution operations.
Systems: Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Transportation Management Systems (TMS) is required. Experience with Infor M3 is a plus.
Standard Processes: Development and utilization of standard process metrics are required to maintain operational efficiency.
Structured Problem Solving: Knowledge of problem-solving methodologies, such as Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, and related countermeasures, is important for continuous improvement in operations.
The Leader of Distribution Inventory Control & Quality Assurance will report to the Vice President of Distribution and should be flexible with overtime as required, reflecting the role's commitment to maintaining inventory accuracy, ensuring customer compliance, and overseeing production activities.