949 S. Gibson St Medford, WI 54451 US
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Position Summary: As an Engineering Manager, you will lead and coordinate projects from the design/quote stage through production qualifications to fulfill customer and manufacturing requirements. This role involves extensive customer interaction, design review, and collaboration with suppliers, ensuring projects are managed in a courteous, timely, and cost-effective manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee overall engineering operations.
- Facilitate communication between the engineering function, sales, customers, and manufacturing.
- Ensure coordinated communications that support sales plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
- Engage with customers and internal departments to identify needs, requirements, complaints, approvals, and deviations for quality-oriented parameters.
- Maintain budget control and complete customer projects within the required timeframe.
- Work effectively within engineering disciplines to achieve corporate and customer objectives.
- Evaluate processes for continual improvement of techniques, quality, and efficiencies.
- Identify specialized equipment in the production area.
- Develop and establish cost estimates, project options, and design alternatives.
- Identify capital project requirements related to customers and production needs.
- Recommend/implement improvements on equipment/facility to reduce operating costs.
- Participate in the development of long-range plans for new processes and equipment selection.
- Assume responsibility for performing and guiding technical activities leading to innovative applications and extensions of existing or new product/technologies.
- Develop extensive knowledge of manufacturing and engineering areas, effectively interfacing as required by assignments.
- Develop a broad knowledge of external activities/technologies related to the business.
- Participate in comprehensive project planning.
- Develop knowledge of the division’s products, customers, and customer needs.
- Maintain awareness of scientific/product opportunities and take the initiative to evaluate ideas and make proposals.
- Maintain awareness of current and developing safety policies and procedures and apply them to all assignments.
- Stop a product or process to correct a quality problem and/or bring it to the attention of management.
- Additional responsibilities as defined in the quality manual, procedures, and work instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or equivalent tooling/engineering experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Experience with plastic injection-molded tooling required.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or equivalent 3D design software is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and internal teams.