7900 Durand Avenue Bldg. 3 Mount Pleasant, WI 53177 US
Working in collaboration with and under minimal supervision of the V.P. of Engineering, performs all tasks related to the design, manufacturing, and support of line of eddy current clutches, brakes, and controls. These products are found in many applications where speed and or torque control is required. While similar in the end result; varying speed and/or torque, our products have characteristics that are advantageous in certain applications. This role serves as a pivotal point of communication during the entire development, manufacturing, and sales process. You will interface directly with customers, sales, and manufacturing team members to ensure our products meet with our internal and industry standards while also meeting the needs of the customer. Commissioning and/or repair service may require up to 25% of travel time.
- Mentoring and/or leading our internal engineering, mechanical and electrical controls staff.
- Electrical control design and/or modification work. This may include modifying existing controller layouts to meet specialized customer needs as well as new designs and updating outdated components.
- Mechanical eddy current drive and brake design modification work. This may include modifying existing designs of our clutches and brakes to meet customer requirements.
- Develop/modify prints and bills of material to pair with customer product requirements and/or job specifications.
- Provide technical support to include sales personnel, engineers, and end users.
- Assist and/or perform testing and repair services along with commissioning of controls and/or mechanical equipment.
- Assist manufacturing business partners on an as-needed basis.
- Provide technical support to our production and purchasing departments.
- Program or modify controllers using Visual Basic, C, or assembly programs.
- Assist with warranty evaluation and potential customer on-site application changes to mitigate future problems.
- You have a firm knowledge of rotating mechanical equipment and electronic controls and their use in industry.
- You are proficient in AUTOCAD or equivalent computer aided design tool as well as Microsoft Office.
- You have experience and/or practical knowledge of AC variable frequency drives, DC drives, servo Drives, motors or the design of controls.
- You have exceptional foresight and an aptitude for managing risks.
- You are curious, take initiative, and are comfortable working independently.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong desire to resolve internal and external customer challenges.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are quality-conscious and have strong-attention to detail.
- You are dependable, resourceful, and efficient.
- You have a mechanical or electrical engineering degree and ideally a background in mechanical engineering.