2924 Wyetta Dr Beloit, WI 53511 US
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall performance and operating results of the Maintenance Department manufacturing facility. This position provides leadership of the site Maintenance team, with direct reports including Maintenance Supervisors, leads, technicians, clerks, and coordinators. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for developing and improving plant asset utilization, uptime, and production by implementing proven Professional Maintenance and reliability improvement processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute department goals supporting Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) objectives, including developing and implementing strategies, processes, and programs. Measures and reports on performance and holds team accountable for achieving goals.
• Oversees and supports the professional development of the maintenance team members; motivates, coaches, and develops a diverse, high-performing, and engaged team to meet established goals and build organizational capability.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and analysis of working methodologies in order to improve factory efficiency and reliability, increase asset utilization, and reduce cost.
• Champions drive and measure improvement initiatives to reduce equipment downtime, improve equipment availability, and improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) through establishing a predictive maintenance program.
• Applies Total Productive Maintenance framework, tools, and techniques across an extended supply chain.
• Effectively communicates change by championing within the site and network, prompting questions, and promoting team-based behavior. Uses active listening and facilitation skills to ensure understanding and engage in problem-solving.
• Integrate CPI, Lean Manufacturing, and TPM concepts into department operations and utilize analysis tools to measure breakdown losses and other improvement tools.
• Responsible for assistance and oversight in maintaining the yearly maintenance budget.
• Responsible for reporting food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance to plant or division personnel with the authority to initiate action.
• Demonstrated ability to support a long-term maintenance plan, with improvements in Reliability, KPIs, and Cost savings.
• Skilled in establishing professional working relationships, resulting in cross-functional collaboration throughout the company.
• Ability to manage projects around process improvements.
• Ability to work as needed based on the demands within the facility.
• Strong experience with plant maintenance software; Maintenance Connection preferred
Education and/or Experience
• An associate’s or technical school degree in mechanics, electrical, computer science, or food processing is preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
• A minimum of five (5) years of maintenance leadership experience within a food manufacturing facility is required.
• Mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and basic electrical knowledge required.