Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift
1552 Lineville Rd Howard, WI 54313 US
Job Description: 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor in Food Manufacturing
Position Overview: We are seeking a skilled and experienced 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor to join our food manufacturing facility. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team of maintenance technicians and ensuring the smooth operation of all equipment, machinery, and facilities during the second shift. This role requires a strong technical background in maintenance and a proven ability to effectively manage a team in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment.
- Lead, manage, and coach a team of maintenance technicians on the second shift.
- Plan and schedule maintenance tasks, repairs, and preventive maintenance activities to minimize downtime and ensure production efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions, providing technical guidance and expertise to the maintenance team.
- Coordinate with production and other relevant departments to prioritize maintenance needs and minimize disruption to production schedules.
- Maintain and update equipment records, maintenance logs, and work orders using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives aimed at enhancing equipment reliability, performance, and safety.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and company policies, conducting regular safety inspections and promoting a culture of safety within the maintenance team.
- Manage spare parts inventory and liaise with procurement to ensure timely availability of necessary parts and supplies.
- Monitor and manage equipment maintenance budgets, providing input for cost-effective solutions and identifying opportunities for cost reduction.
- Perform regular performance evaluations and provide feedback to maintenance technicians, identifying training and development needs.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and technological advancements in food manufacturing equipment and maintenance techniques.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; technical or vocational training in maintenance, engineering, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in maintenance, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or lead role, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of food manufacturing equipment, machinery, and systems.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and proficiency in using standard office software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage a diverse maintenance team and collaborate with other departments.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions to address equipment breakdowns and maintenance issues.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently in a dynamic production environment.
- Flexibility to work the second shift and adapt to changing production schedules when necessary.
- Ability to stand, walk, and move around the production area for extended periods.
- Lift and carry heavy objects, often weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders and work at heights, as needed for equipment inspections and maintenance.
If you're a motivated and experienced maintenance professional with a passion for ensuring the reliability and efficiency of food manufacturing equipment, we encourage you to apply for this vital role in our organization. Join our team and contribute to the production of high-quality food products in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.