Manufacturing Engineer II or III
N92 W15000 Anthony Ave Brown Deer, WI 53223 US
Salary: Based on Experience
Accelerate Professional Talent Solutions has a great opportunity available for a Manufacturing Engineer II or III position. The Manufacturing Engineer’s primary role is to develop, implement, and improve the processes within the factory. This position links Design Engineering and the production floor by providing manufacturing expertise while concurrently developing new products and processing changes to existing products. Areas of focus may include Assembly, Paint, or Facility projects. This position is responsible for maintaining production capability, improving quality, reducing cost, improving safety, and maximizing throughout.
The progression to Manufacturing Engineer II comes with additional elements of leadership, use of advanced tool sets, and versatility within the departments. ME II will lead projects with greater scope and responsibility while playing a more prominent role in communication among team members and management.
Manufacturing Engineer II or III Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans, supports, and leads introduction of products to the manufacturing floor. Manages the integration of new product into existing lines with an understanding of new processes effect on line balance, pFMEA, and line efficiency.
- Uses advanced understanding of Lean Concepts and continuous improvement needed for reduction of waste within manufacturing processes
- Leads, initiates, and executes problem solving methods that address systematic issues across one or more areas of responsibility. Expert use of A3, I5, and other Kaizen initiatives.
- Capable of supporting numerous manufacturing processes with a deep understanding of the functionality within the areas, as well as opportunities for improvement. Versatile across many areas of focus (i.e. product lines, processes, and manufacturing functions)
- Leads and initiates measures that mitigate risk within the manufacturing process. Includes actions such as pFMEA analysis, maintaining ISO compliance, and clear understanding of the quality networks that exist.
- Responsible for leading design responsibilities within a manufacturing process. This includes line / cell layout, part flow management, tooling needs, and management of the New Product Introduction standards.
- Responsible for managing the Machine Build Milestone Approval document associated with launch projects.
- Participates as the lead manufacturing liaison within Core Teams.
- Creates value within the manufacturing process by realizing innovation through well rounded relationships with external vendors, industry experts, local, and peer groups.
- Successfully searches out and justifies capital investments needed for manufacturing operations, with focus on ROI, cash flow, and integration of asset.
- Builds and Standardizes system tools used to improve Key Performance Indicators for the shop floor.
- Serves as an expert within respective skill sets to other department’s needs. Used as a resource to the broader manufacturing team across different cells, and production lines.
Manufacturing Engineer II or III Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related Engineering program is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of related manufacturing experience. Five (5) years is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including CAD, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Experience with Pro-E and ERP systems is preferred.