1400 S 41 ST Manitowoc, WI 54220 US
Job Posting: Manufacturing Engineer
Are you an innovative and results-oriented engineer with a passion for driving manufacturing process excellence? We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to contribute to the development, improvement, and optimization of manufacturing processes that align with safety, product quality, delivery timelines, and cost-effectiveness.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following key functions:
30% - Continuous Improvement:
- Engineer and enhance safety controls and ergonomic aspects of manufacturing processes.
- Develop strategies for advancing product quality through proactive process controls.
- Create and implement product control plans.
- Innovate new and improved manufacturing processes to increase efficiency, capacity, and cost-effectiveness.
30% - Production Support:
- Conduct time and method studies to identify opportunities for productivity enhancement.
- Collaborate with Value Stream Managers to identify improvement areas.
- Respond to production team requests for process expertise.
- Foster effective relationships across the plant.
- Communicate project and improvement statuses.
20% - Cost Reduction:
- Identify and implement facility and manufacturing improvements.
- Understand manufacturing costs and their impact on financial performance.
- Pursue opportunities for cost reduction in material, labor, and overhead.
- Manage product and process improvements through established processes.
10% - Customer Service Support:
- Address customer inquiries related to product features, installation, and quality.
- Provide feasibility assessments and cost analysis for tailored solutions.
- Offer on-site expertise for customer installations.
10% - Design and Marketing Support:
- Conduct make versus buy analysis and manufacturing cost evaluations for new products.
- Analyze product gross margins and address unfavorable trends.
- Develop product co-matrices for manufacturing data integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably with a focus on manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical disciplines.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to handle stress and manage multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective relationship-building.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Regular attendance and interaction with others.
- Up to 5% domestic travel.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Combination of office and manufacturing environment.