10200 55th St Kenosha, WI 53144 US
Based on the provided job description, it's clear that the role involves a combination of planning, scheduling, and coordination responsibilities. Here's how you can effectively utilize your planning experience and expertise to excel in this position:
Assembly, Fabrication, and Material Impact Planning:
- Assist in planning and scheduling assembly, paint, fabrication, and other materials affecting production.
- Release manufacturing orders based on department needs and assess schedule adherence.
Issue Resolution and Continuous Improvement:
- Evaluate work activities, identify delays, and recommend improvements to meet customer requirements.
- Review and enhance procedures for level loading and executing schedules.
- Oversee established methods for scheduling and apply them to all production processes.
Capacity Planning and Material Flow:
- Analyze requirements and identify capacity constraints to meet production needs.
- Direct the planning and coordination of material flow used in production.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with manufacturing supervisors, purchasing buyers, and sales departments to resolve schedule problems and communicate changes.
- Collaborate with assembly and paint departments to understand operations and process constraints.
Customer Service and Order Expedites:
- Evaluate and respond to customer service inquiries related to order expedites.
- Analyze customer orders and assign charges to cancellation and premium orders.
- Maintain planned finished goods, stock, ROP/ROQ, and lot size inventory.
- Ensure proper quantities are planned and updated in a timely manner.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Planning/Scheduling reports.
- Work with Engineering on bill of material discrepancies and end-of-life parameters.
- Actively participate in ongoing individual training and development programs.
- Set goals and objectives with the Manager to improve quality and productivity.
Housekeeping and Reporting:
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in the work area.
- Report abnormalities in equipment, machines, programs, and processes.
Cross-Training and Support:
- Perform backup functions to other team members and the Manager as instructed.
- Engage in cross-training to support backup efforts as directed.
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS in Operations Management, Supply Chain, Business, or Computer Science (preferred).
- CPIM or CSCP certification desirable.
Experience and Skills:
- 2-5 years of Materials/Planning/Production Control or related experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of MRP and Capacity Planning theory/application.
- Experience with Epicor or other ERP packages.
- Make-to-Order manufacturing experience is a plus.
Communication and Professionalism:
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude, ability to work professionally with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- High level of self-initiative and dependability.
- Resourceful and highly organized with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and balance multiple tasks.
- Positive, "can-do" attitude.
- Must be flexible to perform overtime duties or adjust the schedule when required.
In summary, the successful candidate for this role should bring a blend of technical expertise, communication skills, and a proactive approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement.