Product Development Engineer III
5848 N 95th Court Milwaukee, WI 53219 US
We are seeking a highly skilled and innovative Product Development Engineer to join on of our clients. As a Product Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and enhancing products for a leading manufacturer of high-performance door systems. This role involves working on new product development, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing process development. You will collaborate with a team of designers and engineers to ensure timely delivery of special designs, enhancements, and modifications that meet evolving customer needs.
- Assist in developing detailed project scope of work documents.
- Plan and manage projects to ensure timely completion.
- Stay updated on competitive products and technical developments, recommending product improvements when feasible.
- Generate concepts for new product designs or improvements as required.
- Conduct design review meetings to determine the best execution of prototyping and testing.
- Select appropriate materials and develop material specifications.
- Utilize FEA models and conduct internal and external testing of materials and assemblies.
- Perform engineering calculations on material stress and performance metrics.
- Develop control systems and parameters.
- Hands-on prototype building, assembly, and testing.
- Create and execute test plans.
- Assist in manufacturing process development, including workstation development, process flow planning, line balancing, capacity planning, and quality control planning.
- Excellent internal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong scientific mindset and proficiency in developing test protocols.
- Skilled in hands-on prototyping and comfortable with basic fabrication techniques.
- Good understanding of industrial electrical systems, including up to 480V three phase.
- Experience with PLC and microprocessor control systems.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer-aided design software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles to optimize manufacturing cost and complexity.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering documents and create/modify electrical schematics and ladder diagrams.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to make persuasive arguments on engineering topics to management.
- Proficient in conveying ideas through nonverbal symbolism such as formulas, scientific equations, and graphs.