9201 Packaging Dr De Soto, KS 66018 US
Job Title: Project Engineer
Job Description: We are currently seeking a dedicated Equipment Design Engineer to provide innovative design solutions for a diverse range of challenges across various stages of machine life cycles. This role involves designing new machinery, enhancing existing equipment, developing tooling, implementing automation and control systems, and refining safety protocols. From conceptualization to implementation in both manufacturing facilities and external customer sites, you will be at the forefront of driving impactful equipment design solutions.
- Lead end-to-end machine design projects for packaging equipment and in-house converting machinery, including concept development, design, and comprehensive documentation of components.
- Create detailed drawings, assembly plans, and bills of materials for all necessary parts, showcasing your meticulous attention to detail.
- Undertake full-scale design projects, from ground-up creation of new machinery to renovation and modification of existing equipment, as well as evaluating potential machinery purchases.
- Skillfully manage both machine design and project coordination, maintaining budgets, monitoring timelines, and providing insightful progress reports.
- Oversee the complete project lifecycle, from assembly and debugging to training and installation.
- Play a pivotal role in the startup of new equipment lines within company converting facilities and customer plants.
- Demonstrate proficiency in pneumatic and electrical schematics, adeptly troubleshooting these systems.
- Leverage your sound knowledge of PLC programming and control systems to develop programs, troubleshoot issues, specify components, and design systems.
- Identify opportunities for material and process optimizations, supporting cost reduction initiatives through process enhancements, equipment modifications, and material selection.
- Engage in effective communication with various stakeholders, presenting reports, project updates, and maintaining regular written correspondence with management.
- Collaborate closely with Customers, Sales, Service, Quality, and Plant personnel to identify and resolve challenges related to packaging materials and equipment.
- Flexibility for occasional travel, approximately 25%, varying based on project requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical preferred), showcasing a solid foundation in your field.
- Proficiency in CAD and solid modeling software, with experience in Creo being a valuable asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, enabling effective collaboration within cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley components and software is advantageous, contributing to your versatility.
- Thrive in a dynamic manufacturing and office environment, utilizing computer systems and shop tools to fulfill responsibilities.
- Physical ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs, perform extended periods of standing, walking, stooping/bending, and reaching above the shoulders.
If you are a resourceful and innovative engineer seeking a role where you can contribute to diverse projects, exercise problem-solving skills, and take ownership of impactful initiatives, we encourage you to apply. This position offers a unique opportunity to shape the equipment design landscape and leave a lasting mark on company's operations and beyond.