143454 County Rd NN Marathon, WI 54448 US
Job Posting – Project Engineer
Introduction: We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Project Engineer to join a dynamic team at a leading industrial company. As a Project Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in managing the Engineering Design Function, contributing to the growth and success of the organization.
Functional Role: The Project Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the Engineering Design Function and ensuring effective planning, organization, leadership, communication, and control. You will collaborate to achieve company goals and foster innovation and excellence.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering; Registered PE in the State of Wisconsin (preferred) or willingness to pursue a PE.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in Industrial Machine and Project design, including customer and supplier relations.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in engineering design principles and project management.
- Strong analytical skills for making informed business decisions.
- Ability to lead and manage effectively, promoting growth and development.
- Proficiency in Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Body Position: Standing and sitting
- Body Movements: Carrying, use of hands, arms, eyes.
- Special Requirements: Sighted, voice, and hearing.
- Lifting: Normal, up to thirty pounds.
Working Conditions: Primarily office environment with occasional visits to customers, engineering sites, vendors, or trade shows.
- Reports to: President
- Indirectly to: Engineering Manager - Hydro and/or Engineering Manager - Movable Bridges
- Direct Reports: External Engineers, Consultants, Drafting Services
- Direct and evaluate outside engineering and drafting resources.
- Take reasonable actions consistent with company policies and business judgment.
- Purchase goods, services, materials, equipment within approved budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on annual company plan and departmental budgets.
- Manage projects and personnel scheduling.
- Enforce company policies and represent company interests.
- Develop engineering drawings, layouts, and documentation.
- Maintain accurate records and support installations.
- Provide input on estimates and customer-oriented equipment design.
- Coordinate with external partners and attend production meetings.
Measurements of Performance:
- Timely completion of accurate engineering and shop drawings.
- Support to Estimating function.
- Accurate departmental record-keeping and reporting.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Timely reporting of exceptional events or conditions.
- Successful project completion within budget and timeframe.
- Effective control of engineering expenses.
If you have the required qualifications and are eager to contribute to a dynamic industrial environment, apply now. Join a team that values innovation, collaboration, and excellence.