6096 McKee Rd Madison, WI 53719 US
Salary: Based on Experience
Accelerate Professional Talent Solutions has a great opportunity available for a System Administrator at a company in Madison, WI. This direct hire role will be responsible for supporting the organization’s enterprise level Network, Server, and Virtual infrastructure, as well as telecommunication systems, including both hardware and software components.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Configure, monitor, and optimize the Virtual Server Monitor system for reliable performance.
- Ensure system security and compliance with corporate policies.
- Administer Active Directory, including Group Policy and NTFS security.
- Install server hardware, applications, and networking components.
- Manage network services, including DNS and DHCP.
- Maintain Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 environments.
- Manage host and application monitoring systems and create recovery procedures.
- Monitor and troubleshoot routers, switches, wireless systems, and firewalls.
- Support the CISCO VOIP phone system.
- Manage and ensure the performance and availability of SAN solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve system problems and document procedures.
- Create and maintain IT process documentation.
- Schedule and manage system backups.
- Perform and document disaster recovery procedures.
- Provide advanced technical support to internal customers.
- Identify and implement infrastructure improvement projects.
- Monitor and handle Service Request and Helpdesk tickets.
- Troubleshoot basic network and infrastructure issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for production system support.
- Make recommendations for system hardware and software design and configuration.
- Stay updated with advancements in server and networking technology.
- Three or more years of MS Windows system administration experience.
- Experience with VMware administration is highly desired.
- Prior Information Security experience.
- Relevant data center certifications are preferred.
- VMware certification or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix is desired.