Tool Support Supervisor
1828 Oakland Avenue Sheboygan, WI 53081 US
Job Title: Tool Support Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time, 1st Shift
Position Summary: We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Tool Support Supervisor to lead our Tool Room team and ensure optimal production efficiency in meeting tooling demands. As a Tool Support Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing tool troubleshooting, problem-solving, and training of production and tool room personnel. Your expertise will contribute to the enhancement of tooling performance, part quality, and overall operational excellence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the tool department, including staffing, scheduling, quality control, safety, cost management, and efficient use of equipment and personnel.
- Champion the use of standardized processes in the pressroom and tool room to maximize reliability and consistency.
- Collaborate as a liaison between engineering, tool room, and manufacturing on various projects.
- Provide technical expertise for feasibility assessments, concepts, and methods to optimize tooling performance and part quality.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot both new and existing tools, implementing corrective actions to minimize downtime.
- Research, recommend, and justify capital equipment investments to enhance tool room processes and functionality.
- Identify opportunities for reducing setup times and improving tooling lifespan through process and method enhancements.
- Lead and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives, contributing to project planning and execution.
- Generate purchase orders and collaborate with contractors and vendors for new and replacement tooling procurement.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, ensuring adherence to company policies and guidelines.
- Undertake additional duties as assigned to support team and company goals.
- Minimum of 5 years' supervisory experience, preferably within Tool room or a related technical field.
- Journeyman’s Tool and Die Card and/or an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related technical field is advantageous.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with effective leadership abilities, are essential.
- Basic computer proficiency with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to various software programs.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel is a plus.
- Familiarity with interpreting CAD and SolidWorks readings is desirable.
If you are a skilled leader with a passion for optimizing tooling performance and enhancing production efficiency, we invite you to apply for this dynamic Tool Support Supervisor role. Join us in driving continuous improvement and achieving operational excellence.